Air Conditioner Installation
Trusted AC Installation in Katy, Texas
Most manufacturers suggest that your AC unit will last anywhere from 10 to 15 years, although some can last much longer than that. But the last thing you want is to worry about your AC going out during the hottest months of the year. Air conditioning can be a vital service during the most extreme temperatures, keeping your family and even your pets safe in hot weather. That’s why you should leave it to the experts at Eddie’s Heating and Air Conditioning to take care of your AC installation needs.
Our team of professionals will work efficiently and keep your needs in mind, whether they be budget- or time-related. We’ll take time to explain the size and output differences as well as energy efficiency ratings if that’s a focus for you. We’ll help you select the best AC unit for your space, to ensure a cool environment for years to come.
When to Replace Your AC
When does your AC unit need to be replaced? Here are some telltale signs:
Age. If your unit is well past its recommended useful age, it may be time to consider replacing it, particularly if it requires multiple repairs.
- Persistent repairs. One common way to tell if you need an update is if repairs become frequent. Early in your unit’s life, it may certainly need servicing, but if this becomes a persistent issue, it’s likely necessary to install a replacement, saving you trouble and a large bill.
- Airflow issues. If your unit doesn’t have cool airflow when you turn it on, it may be a bigger issue at hand than simply a dirty air filter.
- Noisy unit. Because most units are meant to be quiet, if your unit starts making loud noises, or unexpected sounds, it may have reached the end of its life. If you hear squeaking or other grating sounds, a replacement may be in order.
- Usage of R-22 freon. Production of R-22 freon was discontinued in the U.S. on January 1st, 2020. While this may not be a pressing concern, eventually there won’t be enough freon for your AC unit if it uses R-22 freon.
- Bigger than normal bills. If your energy bill jumps up in an unexpectedly pricey way, your unit may not be functioning at maximum efficiency. A noticeable increase in your bill might be the fault of a broken AC unit. If this is the case, a simple repair may not do the trick.
Certainly, some of these things can be fixed by a repair, but when the circumstances become extreme, a full replacement is necessary.
Contact Eddie’s Heating and Air Conditioning
At Eddie’s Heating and Air Conditioning, we’ll work with you to get the best possible outcome. We work with top-of-the-line brands that you’ll be able to get the full life out of so that whatever space you’re cooling will stay comfortable for you when you need it most. We trust these brands and know them inside and out so you can put your trust in us.
Trust the experts at Eddie’s Heating and Air Conditioning for all your AC installation needs. Call us today!